Thursday, September 11, 2008

...across the room for shattered dreams...

I can't believe I forgot to mention the book "Shattered Dreams" by Irene Spencer!  It was one of my favourite books this summer.  Another page turner.  I could hardly put it down long enough to ride to my next destination.  She is a polygamist's wife and tells her life story.  It really is a must read if you would like to find out what that is all about.  I can't wait for her next book.
I do not consider myself a religious person but I am very passionate about my faith in God and was reminded through this book that there are many people who feel very strongly about their religious convictions and will do almost anything to defend them...even things that they don't feel that good about doing.  When something is taught to children, re-enforced throughout their lives, it is difficult be freed of those teachings to make personal choices.  This is a good thing when you are taught Truth.  "Raise up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it" the Bible tells us. This book illustrates very well what happens to a person who is taught religion rather than Truth.

No comments: