Friday, July 18, 2008

...across the room to speak up!

Sometimes I feel so strongly about something I just HAVE to do something about it.  I feel that if I'm quiet and don't say anything or do anything then I have failed in some way...either myself, a friend, a group,  and in this case, my country and future generations.
I did my part to send letters of concern to government officials regarding the Morgentaler appointment to the Order of Canada.  Today I received my second reply.  Today I CALLED Rideau Hall to speak to Right Honourable Michaelle Jean, Governor of Canada and got a recording so I left my message on her recorder!!  
I believe there are MANY men and women in our country who have done us ALL proud that deserve this medal and I asked her to choose someone we could ALL be proud of.  I think there is enough division in our country without doing something so inconsiderate of so many Canadians!
Besides, REAL doctors HEAL, they do not kill. 

2 comments:

Michele said...

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

I was so disgusted when I first heard this story I just couldn't believe it. I know from an inside source (long story won't go into it here) that it takes a LOT to actually GET the order of Canada and I just refuse to believe he would ever get it. But it's good that YOU and other Canadians are speaking up. We need to do that. If there is one thing that infuriates me it is this topic (abortion).

Good for you. I "signed" that email petition but who knows if that stuff ever gets anywhere or is even considered acceptable.