Wednesday, August 12, 2009

...across the room to Park City, Utah!....

If we could find it in our hearts to stop whenever we travel an exceptional stretch of road I would have pictures to post today but honestly, the best thing to do it seems when you're on your motorbike and you suddenly find yourself on a spectacular road is to just do what comes naturally (shout for joy, smile, let the jaw hang, stare in wonder, shed a tear of disbelief) and keep going! Such as been our pleasure and sheer enjoyment as we've travelled through Montana, Idaho and now Utah. Oh the beauty that is ours to enjoy!
Every day so far I've thought "This is the most amazing rock I've ever seen" or "the colour on that mountain is like nothing I've seen before" only to be even more surprised the next day that there is something even more stunning than the day before. Can this continue? Really? I'm in awe. That's all I can say.
At the moment we are in Park City close to Salt Lake City, Utah. This is actually a ski resort. We only go to ski resorts in the summer on our motorbikes! We love the down town area with all the unique shops and restaurants. Everyone is out and about in the evening and it's just a pleasure to be part of the crowd. We ate on an outdoor patio tonight and enjoyed a little 3 yr. old photographer two tables from us. He chose my hubby as his target and kept calling "Hey man" to get his attention so he could take his picture. I'm sure he took 37 pictures of us eating! He sure was cute!
Arizona, California, here we come!!

8 comments:

Jobina said...

please don't shed too many tears while your riding!
Hearing about scenery always makes me think of when people first started spreading out all over the "new world"...can you imagine seeing those same places untamed, when it truly was nothing like you've EVER seen before?? Wow! Although, I'm sure that seeing it on a motorbike is preferable to a covered wagon any day!

Anonymous said...

How marvelous that "we" can share with you in the wonders that you're seeing! I can simply picture God smiling with delight at YOUR delight! And because your "eyes" are open to His wonders, He'll show you more and more! Thanks for sharing!

Remota

Anonymous said...

OK ..... so I have a new name now! Sometimes I DO feel remote!

LOL
R

Elayne said...

No Jobina, there's not many tears thank goodness or who knows where I would end up! LOL
You had me "Remota"! I wondered who you were?!

Elayne said...

No Jobina, there's not many tears thank goodness or who knows where I would end up! LOL
You had me "Remota"! I wondered who you were?!

Michele said...

I wish I could see what you're seeing...sounds fantastic!!! Glad you're having a great time and the weather seems to be holding up! We miss you already!

Elayne said...

Nice to hear from you Michele! Thought you had fallen off the face of the earth!!
Still singin' country?

Michele said...

You know it, Mama!! I can twang with the best of them!!!