Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I am no authority on marriage and I speak only from experience and a firm belief that every relationship be it a marriage, friendship, family, etc. can survive anything. One of my great desires in life is to see people work through differences and difficulty to keep their relationship in tact and be strengthened as a person. As I thought about this today here are some thoughts I thought before I ran out of time!!

......my thoughts on marriage......

~great marriages are not made in heaven, but on earth, with time, respect for ones self and each other, understanding, honest communication, mental, emotional and physical support for one another.
~they don't just happen. They have to be cultivated.
~they are worth the effort it sometimes takes to get through the tough times
~can be great fun!
~marriages are forever!
~requires energy
~is not for sissy's
~are designed by God for our benefit!
~have to be based on mutual trust
~can sometimes be exhausting!
~is a gift two people give each other
~marriages are never perfect so don't expect it to be

"By WISDOM a house is built, and through UNDERSTANDING it is established, through knowledge it's rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures". Prov. 24: 3,4

No comments: